noun Which ones are alike? O you who love the Lord, hate evil! Psa 97:10a
Can you imagine? For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 1 Pt 2:21
Now, we all know we’re supposed to be following Jesus. The simple (and fashion-fading) question here is, “What would Jesus do?” Can anyone even imagine Jesus and his disciples going to an open-air market in Samaria, finding a psychic, and sitting down and asking her what their future would be? Can we conceive that Jesus got up every morning and opened the Jerusalem Gazette, to find his horoscope – because he needed to know what the day would bring? Can we picture Jesus asking his disciples on a Saturday night if they wanted to “clear their minds,” be entertained and relax by going to watch a movie about witches and wizards…even if a good guy wins in the end?
Just how bad is it?
The root of the problem
We three kings…
1. Saul Succumbs to a Séance
2. Manasseh Messes with Mediums
3. Josiah Turns the Tables
1. Admit to yourself that the occult is evil
2. Ask God for forgiveness for your participation in the occult
3. Stop doing anything that is involved with or influenced by the occult.
4. Fill your mind with the love of God through the Word of God
5. Determine to seek the Lord, and him alone, for guidance in your life.
***Bonus: Extra verses that deal with the occult: